In another suite across town at a cheaper hotel, Murray Underwood, the private investigator who’d followed Aurelia from the states hung up the phone with a tired sigh. He’d just had the last of four intense conversations with his current clientele. Client #1 was overjoyed about Aurelia’s nuptials. Client #2 was relieved because as the wife of a wealthy man, Aurelia now posed no financial threat to him. Thus he could devote his remaining funds to his physical and financial recoveries. Client #3 was sad and disappointed that Aurelia was off the dating market. Yet he saw her marriage as a clear sign for him to just step aside. Client #4 was piping hot mad about those nuptials. He even planned to physically stop the wedding, but was delayed in London due to the bad weather currently swirling in the Atlantic Ocean . The end result was the same for Murray – loss of income. Only Client #1 felt the need to keep the P.I. on retainer for future updates about Aurelia’s life, but still o...
All I can say to this sad, irritating, infuriating post is, some promises shouldn't be kept.
ReplyDeleteGoing back to write more...
See there... She is dead! OMG! Grrrr
ReplyDelete"He also hoped that he wouldn’t need new underwear after this meeting, because Victoria was really scaring the crap out of him right now."
.... (giggle) that is cute!
Yah, I agree with you on that one 'Prina' some promises just should not be kept. Others should never be made in the first place. Father grant me wisdom in that area.
Comm/Girl: I'm amazed that just about every quote I'm pausing over while writing the story, you are pausing over while reading the story. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteAlso thanks for that nugget of wisdom about not making certain promises in the first place. Why deliberately snare yourself with the words of your mouth?
I cant really say anything right now, im heartbroken that Leesha is gone. Wow...
ReplyDeleteAnd the mother of his child??? HMMMMM
Cant really say much now.. gotta read further so i can really see what's going on
Latrice: Yeah, that thing with Leesha tore me up, too. By all means, keep reading...
ReplyDeleteTo all: I just wanted to put up a reminder on this post.
ReplyDeleteReminder: This part of the story was changed from the original sample that I wrote a year ago.
In the original, I had Subrina calling in any FBI friends to pick Leesha up who might have been closer to Vegas, and then Leesha ending up dying anyway before even they could get to her fast enough.
This time around, I had Subrina trying to pick her up herself and having her FBI friends to prepare a safe house for her to take her friend to.
I didn't know why I switched that part up until now. I was just going with the flow at the time. You're see how that change fits in the story later on.
Anon: Yes, she's really dead. It tore me up, too. :(
ReplyDelete