Wednesday, September 30, 2009
One of our readers (Lilo) suggested that I probably didn’t need to use the quotations with Subrina’s undercover name. Example: ‘Bree’.
Although I deliberately did that to eliminate any confusion as I switched back and forth between names while she's undercover, if y’all agree with Lilo that the quotations are not really necessary for clarity, I'll stop using them. No worries. After all, I only wrote it that way for y'all and it would save me some keystrokes.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subrina’s look-alike (Kendra C. Johnson):
Caesar’s look-alike (Dwayne Johnson):
Leesha’s look-alike (Chenese Lewis):
Ricky’s look-alike (Tyson Beckford):
Avalon’s look-alike (Delta Burke):
Nana/Shirley’s look-alike (Della Reese):
Big Poppa/Boris’s look-alike (Kevin Michael Richardson):
Salethia’s look-alike (Lynn Whitfield):
Rashad’s look-alike (Gregory Hines):
Tuesday and Wednesday’s look-alike (Robinson twins):
Burt’s look-alike (Frank Langella):
Karianne’s look-alike (Angela Bassett):
Topaz’s look-alike (Carmen Electra):
Rae’s look-alike (Meagan Good):
Main P-Ranch girls:
Suge’s look-alike (Queen Latifah):
Mercedes’ look-alike (Laila Monet):
Tootsie’s look-alike (Marissa Jaret Winokur):
Pep’s look-alike (Toccara Jones):
Porsha’s look-alike (Kimberly Locke):
Lolly’s look-alike (Sara Ramirez):
Blu’s look-alike (Margaret Cho):
Chocolate’s look-alike (Jennifer Hudson):
Dee-Dee’s look-alike (Erica Collins):
Main P-Ranch guys:
Jon’s look-alike (John Cena):
Neelam’s look-alike (Sendhil Ramamurthy, scroll down to see photo):
Friday, September 18, 2009
Before the new story starts, I thought I ought to go over a few things, especially since we have so many new readers joining us this time around. I particularly want to address what you can expect here. This way, you’ll know exactly what you’re getting into before you ever start reading.
You can expect the following things at this blog:
- At least 2 posts a day. Sometimes more, depending on my muse and my schedule. I post 6 days a week Monday – Saturday.
- Insider features (i.e. spoilers, story behind the story, insights & tidbits, little known facts/discoveries).
- Audio and visual effects that enhance the story. I also provide links to articles that may add value to your life.
- Direct feedback from author. I make a habit of responding to EVERY reader.
- Friendly readers who know how to agree to disagree even when things get really heated on the blog.
- Reader feedback that is honest and frank. Since I don’t want to censor anyone, I ask that you censor yourselves. We have readers from all backgrounds, cultures, and faiths joining in and I want everyone to feel comfortable reading the story and the associated comments. So if/when you’re really incensed with a character or with the story itself, do us all a favor and use symbols to express those choice words instead. Trust me, we’ll ALL know what you’re talking about anyway and your comments won’t be off-putting due to your choice of words.
- At least 20 FREE chapters of the current story. There may be more depending on the length of the story.
- Sufficient advance notice on when the free portion of the story will be ending.
Because many newbies may not be familiar with my paid blog (VOD blog), which is where the story goes after the free portion is over, here are the basic details:
- The VOD blog stands for View-on-Demand blog. Much like a cable company amenity, this is where you pay a set fee to view some form of entertainment. In the case of my interactive online stories, you pay ($8) to view the remainder of the current tale.
- To gain access to the VOD blog, just click on the link below:
- You can pay to access the VOD blog in advance, wait until it’s time for the story to switchover, or pay after the switchover. It’s up to you.
- After paying, you will receive instructions on how to access the VOD blog and your email will be added to the approved list so that you can access it any time for the duration of the current story.
- Once you’re on the VOD blog, you will receive ALL of the same features/perks as the free blog, but with a few extras. The extras are listed below:
~ Commercial free (no ads or specials promos).
~ Author secrets (things I usually only tell my closest friends).
~ Free copy of full E-book when the current story is over.
If you have any questions about anything I mentioned above, just leave a comment here or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See y’all on Monday!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
As you know, it’s September again. Time for another one of my online VOD stories.
This month’s story will be Big Girls Won’t Cry. It is another one of my Secular novels. It is also the first story that I feature a plus-sized woman as the heroine, so this storyline ought to be lots of fun. I know the research for it has been off the chain. lol.
When does Big Girls Won’t Cry start on this blog?
Now on to other news…
Did y’all know that we have another writer in our midst? In fact, she’s one of my most avid readers and a frequent commentator. Who is this mystery person?
It’s Paula Thomas!
Yes, our very own Paula has decided to try her hand at writing. She is featuring her very first novel (entitled Angel Love) for free at the following link.
Paula’s pen name at this site is Ajani. The blurb for Angel Love is below:
Angel Lafont is a sexy 22 year old struggling college student. She is determined to finish school with no distractions......NO MEN! That is until she glimpse the one man that reminded her she is ALL WOMAN!
Jahki Love at 27 is lonely after being widowed for two years. He is determined to to find the one woman who will set his soul on fire. A near fatal crash brings him face to face with his destiny......his goddess.
Can Angel and Jahki compromise and fight for love or will they let lies and deceit keep them apart?
I encourage all of you to go show Paula some love and support in this new venture. Tell her Suprina sent you.
Be blessed, y’all!