Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Professor - Ch. 36.1

Thirty minutes later, Baron and Aurelia lounged chest to back in the large whirlpool bathtub. Before entering the tub, they’d taken a quick shower where he gently washed her body and she returned the favor. Now they were just relaxing among soothing botanical bubbles.

“Do you regret putting your name on Trent’s birth certificate, seeing as how it hinders him from attending regular school on the island?” Baron asked, stroking her flat belly as he held her close in the tub.

“Yes. Especially since he is such a social being,” Aurelia replied. “But if I send him to regular school, it’s going to lead to unwanted questions about the other half of his paternity. I’m not ready for that yet. I don’t think Trent is either.”

“If we bring him to California with us, he can just enroll in regular school there. I seriously doubt if anyone will care about the other half of his paternity there.”

Aurelia turned excited eyes towards Baron. Suddenly she frowned with disappointment. “That would be a great idea if I wasn’t in school all day, at work during the night hours and on weekends. Not to forget all the studying I have to do to keep my GPA up for my scholarships and the extra time I now have to give to my budding perfume business. A business that I can’t thank you enough for supporting, by the way.” She paused to plant a brief kiss of gratitude upon his lips.

“You’re welcome, baby.”

Aurelia gave him a brief smile before turning serious again. “Anyway, with a hectic schedule like mine, when would I ever have any quality time to spend with Trent? I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to spend enough quality time with you once we get back to California.”

“You could quit your job at the mall, which would instantly free up your evening hours,” Baron suggested. “As my wife, it’s not like you will need that extra income anyway.”

“True, but there’s still the issue of whether or not Trent is ready to know the truth. Which is what we’ll definitely have to tell him if we abruptly take him back with us. In case you haven’t noticed, Trent’s really attached to Mama. What if he resents me for uprooting him from the only mother and the only home he’s ever known? I don’t tink I could handle meh son hating me.” Her eyes grew glossy and her accent thickened just thinking about that possibility.

Realizing how upset Aurelia was becoming, Baron squeezed her closer and offered a less emotionally taxing suggestion. “How about we put this particular conversation on hold for now. At least until after you graduate. Then you’ll have more time for me, Trent, and more time to figure out how to deal with the adjustments everyone will have to make once the truth is finally out.”

Aurelia instantly relaxed and faced completely forward again. “I like that idea much better, although I think I’m still going to incorporate that ‘quitting-my-job-at-the-mall’ thing. I would love to have my evenings free even before Trent comes to live with us.”

“Free to do what?” Baron leaned in to lick the left side of her neck.

She moaned. “Free to do you.” Aurelia turned her head to the left and captured his tongue between her lips, soon pulling it deep into her mouth for a hard suckle.

Baron moaned at that act of aggression. His hands separated, leaving her belly to move up and down in exploration. He squeezed in both places of settlement. So much for his promise not to make love to her again tonight.

© 2009 by Mi’Chelle Dodson/Suprina Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment