Friday, December 5, 2014

Country Gal Gone Wild - Chapter 12.2



“Are those good tears or bad tears?” Gavin asked, running a soothing hand up and down her back.  
Ruby sniffed and laughed. “Good tears.” She snuggled against his strong chest. His touch calmed her down by the second.  
“I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure,” he replied. “No woman has ever cried from my lovemaking before. I wanted to make sure I hadn’t hurt you or anything.”  
“No, you’ve been great to me from the beginning.”  
“That’s good to know.” Gavin smiled, sounding pleased that he’d moved her to tears.
“Vinny?”  
“Yes, Red?”  
“How soon can you come back to town?” Ruby wiped her cheeks free of tears.  
Gavin chuckled and withdrew to look down into her face. “I’ll be back late Thursday night.”  
“Not soon enough, but in any case, I’ll be at your clinic first thing Friday morning,” Ruby replied. “I already know where it’s located and everything.”  
Gavin’s dental clinic was down on Broad Street conveniently situated between the supermarket and the library. All three were things that the Blue-eyed Hollow community needed. As for him, he was what Ruby suddenly needed in more ways than one.  
“But you don’t need a dentist. Your teeth are perfect.” Gavin looked at her healthy chops now with the eye of a trained dentist.  
Ruby grinned mischievously, showing off her impressive teeth. “They won’t be on Friday. This Friday, I plan on having a whopper of a toothache.” She touched her right jaw. “Ouch! I think I feel one coming on now.”
Gavin burst out laughing and gave her an affectionate squeeze. “I would be honored to work on your mouth and anything else you need assistance with.”
“Great! Then it’s a date!”
“Speaking of dating, I’d like to date you exclusively. Is that possible?”  


Ruby chuckled. “You want to date me after you’ve already wet my whistle?” 
“I know this is not the usual order of things,” he replied in a serious tone. “But the truth is, after what we just experienced over the last twenty-four hours, I don’t want to see anybody else but you. I don’t want you to see anybody else but me.” 
“I feel the same way,” Ruby said, equally serious. 
“So does this mean that we’re officially an exclusive couple now?” Gavin asked, clearly wanting to make sure they were on the same page. 
“Most definitely yes.” Ruby grinned. Then she offered her lips to seal the deal.

(c) 2014 by Mi'Chelle Dodson/Suprina Frazier

Photo Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment