Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Professor - Ch. 18.2

“First of all, let me just say that I had no idea your little brother was ill,” Baron began once they were alone in his office with the door closed. “Had I known, I would have understood, excused you from class today, and sent study notes to your student email account.”

“Well, now you know. Can I leave now?” Aurelia retorted, ready to go home and crash into bed until it was time to go to her evening job. She didn’t have time to waste on a jealous man. Not today. Maybe not ever with all the stuff going on in her life. Aurelia had enough problems to contend with.

“Not yet. I also want to apologize for that boyfriend comment. I was jealous and totally out of line back there,” Baron admitted, once again setting precedence for open and honest discussion between them.

“What right do you have ta be jealous, Professor? You changed yur mind ‘bout me first, remember?” Aurelia’s eyes flashed fire. She was too emotional right now to hide any of her feelings. Too angry to appreciate how quickly he was to admit when he was in the wrong.

Baron shook his head. “No, I didn’t.” Even now he still wanted her, still loved her.

“Well, explain Jordin den,” Aurelia demanded, revealing a touch of jealousy of her own.

Baron instantly detected that jealousy and was highly pleased by it. Where jealousy dwelled there was hope of reconciliation, however slight.

“I only went out with Jordin because I thought you were dating Claude,” Baron confessed; ready to set the whole record straight.

“Dating Claude? What in de world would make you tink dat, mon?” Aurelia frowned.

“I heard you agree to go on a lunch date with him back in October. Ever since then I’ve seen you two around campus together.”

“Any time I eva spent wid Claude has always been 95% school-related and 5% social. Dat October lunch meeting was no different. We had ah lot ta discuss ‘bout dat big lab project you assigned us.” She paused to take a deep calming breath before continuing. “As for me dating Claude, he knows friendship is all I have ta offer him. All I will eva have ta offer him. I made dat very clear on numerous occasions.”

Baron’s eyes widened. “So all this time we’ve been functioning under yet another misunderstanding?” Hope continued to grow in his heart.

“It would seem so,” Aurelia replied, coming to the same conclusion as her accent lightened in direct response to her falling ire. “But unlike you, I’m still available.”

Baron closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and exhaled. She was still available.

Available!

Opening his eyes a few seconds later, Baron whispered, “I’m still available, too, baby.”

© 2009 by Mi’Chelle Dodson/Suprina Frazier

12 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE ARRIVED! YOU HAVE ARRIVED!

    YOUR VI ACCENT WAS PERFECT! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A VI GAL!

    YOU RUN TINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula: *Taking my bow* lol. But I better not get too big-headed about it, lest I mess up big time in latter posts. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:43 AM

    Yeah, I got to give it to you Sis, I'm reading in VI Accent!! It's sounds very real...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon: Thank you, girl.

    A sista about to go to bed now. I've had a long day, writing and otherwise. Night all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yip the last post was really quite good...they should be singing, i can see clearly now the rain has gone... i really excited about the upcoming twists....

    what ever happened to baron's date with jordin, i take it he cancelled right? i mean there was no way he could he could sleep with jordin bcoz he felt aurelia reject him... that would make him no better than marquess... bless his gorgeous face!!! lol - did you have to make them soooooo good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh S, i forgot to say have a great night's rest.... we need you all refreshed for tomorrow's posting of which i'll miss... its voters day the 22nd... so its a public holiday... catch you on thursday - yah.... that means double posting for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was too good.. at last confusions cleared :D i'm waiting for the next chapter desperately lol... Thanks Suprina ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim: That's a good song for this post. The rain really is gone and they can finally see clearly now. lol.

    You'll see what happened on Baron's date in the next few posts. And yes, Marquess is a looker. All of the Weaver boys are handsome in their own ways, IMO.

    Happy Holiday, Kim! See you on Thursday.

    Mary: Yes, confusions has finally left the building. I'll post the next chapter sections as soon as they are ready. And you're so welcome. Thank you for reading the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really dont like when men use the word "baby" im sorry thats all i have to comment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carmel B: Thanks.

    Lilo: You're the first woman I know to ever say that. Wow. I don't mind it much myself. Especially when hubby says it to me. lol. It only creeps me out when some chester-molester old man tries to call me 'baby'. Ewwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes i had to beat the habit out of my last bf. i dont know it just irks me. i guess cause im competative when it come to academic and business stuff i liked to be scene as an equal and the "baby" term just sounds like im less than equal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lilo: 'Beat' it out of him? LOL. The poor guy. *chuckle* Too funny.

    On a more serious note, I understand about the inequality thing. 'Baby' is just not one of my trigger words. Believe me, I got a bag of them though. lol.

    ReplyDelete